Saturday 28 June 2008

Mt Olympus & Knuckleheads

Back to Olympus for day 2. That piece of track is the turnaround on Hades. It has a lengthy tunnel section that runs under the car park.

Soon after arriving the heavens opened, the Gods were clearly disliking us today!

Now we understood why they made a big deal of the word "water" on their signs.

Some more than others were keen to ride Olympus but it wasn't to be. The issues that caused the evacuation the night before were still under investigation, so the ride couldn't be opened.

Part of the morning ERS was also allowing us an exclusive walk of the tunnel. The sadist in me wished for the ride to be running at the same time. It would have been fun playing dodge with a coaster shooting through it.

Group photo opportunity, I hung back. My aversion to be photographed meant I wouldn't play ball.


The banked turns that lead out to the car park. The section at the track is the infamous 90 degrees banked turn. One of the most popular photo opportunities on the trip!

I had this wonderful idea of leaning outwards then rotating the camera to make it look like I was hanging from the track. The only problem I didn't have the arm strength to do it. If so, I'd have joined Cirque de Soleil

You are warned not to ride with loose items. Rather strangely the phones all seemed to land at this point, and call me cynical but it seemed strange that none of the phones contained batteries.

I've fallen through! Would make a great shot with a train coming.

When we emerged from the tunnel the rain had gotten worse, and the the majority of school buses had given up and turned back. The looks on the kids face knowing they were going back to school must have been priceless.

A decision was made for the group to head to the indoor section of the park to reride Opa. Not wishing to do that a few of us headed back to the coach to watch a movie. For some strange reason we chose "Open Water", I guess the weather was influencing our decision. Paul changed his mind and wanted to join us on the coach but I couldn't figure out how to open the door (the driver was in the toilet). Poor Paul got soaked then gave up and made his way back into the park. Sorry!!

After the Opa session the club decided to drive to Knuckleheads as it was indoors, and offered an additional credit to those who hadn't already been there. So I spent most of that time in the bar.

Oh, and Open Water is crap, don't bother..

No comments: